The legacy way of handling report distribution at the client bank is highly manual and inefficient. As the bank grows, the number of reports, transactional and non-transactional, generated internally grows as well. This is when the manual distribution of these important documents via hardcopy and physical mail becomes increasingly painful and costly to the operations.
Reports are stored and maintained on high-end servers. At peak hours, the core system is processing heavily, access to processed reports is slow and adds more unwelcomed load to the core system. Auto notification of reports availability is lacking in the existing practice. The current practice also requires users to spend a lot of time daily to retrieve documents or reports from various core systems for consolidation.
In order to overcome the challenges faced by the client, we have implemented the solutions below:
- A Report Distribution System (RDS) that is able to process the report raw data from various back-end applications for composition and output it into PDF or text reports for access via a corporate report portal or for further distribution via email to end users
- Centralized repository for user to retrieve reports
- Email gateway
Introduction to RDS
Our RDS is able to integrate and consolidate all reports and statements from the multiple back-end enterprise applications such as core banking, CRM, ERP, Helpdesk, Loans / Mortgage, Corporate Loans, Trade Finance, HR, Legal, etc and store them into a secure, central repository. This enables cost-effective distribution and access to these reports via a single user interface on a corporate report portal.
The RDS system functions to reduce the administrative problems and costs of printing, storing, and distributing large quantities of reports. Via the RDS portal, electronic reports are pushed to users’ dashboard daily and are accessible via web browser or tablets anywhere and anytime. These reports can be organised by daily, weekly, monthly and yearly based on the user preference. Access to these reports is also secured as it is controlled based on the approved access rights.
With RDS, users are provided with one single access to all authorized reports. This means that users no longer need to separately log into the many back-end applications to view reports, which may disrupt the performance of the respective online systems.
- Reduced workload on legacy systems as they can focus on real-time business transaction processing while RDS will take over the access and presentation of the reports to authorized users.
- Users can retrieve reports from various back-end applications in a single easy-to-use web portal which saves time and improves productivity.
- All report will be processed in a centralized processing hub (RDS) which eases the burden of the IT Operator when comes to maintaining them.
- Operation costs reduced significantly – single application to manage reports from multiple source applications and ease of maintenance.
- Cost of physical mailing has been eliminated as reports or statements can be pulled from central report portal or sent out to end users via email.