Docuflo Inventa is valuable as a search engine for businesses to allow employees to perform instant searches within the company’s knowledge base. With Docuflo Inventa, employees take significantly lesser time to find the necessary information, leaving more time for them to focus on higher value-added tasks. This is particularly important for lean and agile organizations who strive to drive optimal performance from their teams.
Sources from which Docuflo Inventa is able to index data and documents from include:
- file systems
- document management systems
Why is it important now?
In this time and year, capturing data has never been easier. Often, organizations are faced with a saturation of data captured from various sources as part of their daily operations. Yet, with data capture, an equally important aspect that is often overlooked is the optimization of these data.
Data optimization refers to the process of organizing and cleansing data that is collected to make it more accessible in terms of work productivity.
Various studies have shown that the time spent on knowledge search can prove to be costly. Here are some of the statistics:
“The average interaction worker spends an estimated 28 percent of the workweek managing e-mail and nearly 20 percent looking for internal information or tracking down colleagues who can help with specific tasks.”. That means an average employee spends nearly 1.8 hours every day for searching information. – McKinsey
“An enterprise employing 1,000 knowledge workers wastes $48,000 per week, or nearly $2.5mil a year, due to an inability to locate and retrieve information” – IDC
There are plenty of business-critical as well as creative uses for search engines like Docuflo Inventa to help overcome the inefficiency of research processes and knowledge discovery in a typical enterprise:
Knowledge management refers to the process of creating, sharing, using and managing knowledge and information to provide value to the organization. One key component to knowledge management success is the accessibility of these knowledge.
Docuflo Inventa acts as an enabler for information accessibility. With the ability to connect all your company’s internal data to its web-focused search interface, Docuflo Inventa plays a crucial role in enabling information discovery with simple keyword searches. In other words, applying Docuflo Inventa improves your knowledge management process by allowing you to locate desired information within your document archives.
Here’s an overview of the benefits of adopting Docuflo Inventa to drive your knowledge management efforts:
- Knowledge or information stored within a company predominantly exists as unstructured data. Without a tool to uncover the insights within these data, you will not be able to unlock the usefulness of such data. The situation is akin to you sitting on a pile of gold but have no means to reach them. Docuflo Inventa is able to process this unstructured information and allow you to easily search through the content of documents stored within your repository with the use of various search logics, thereby uncovering information when it is needed.
- Also, business-critical information are often fragmented and stored across different digital platforms. Docuflo Inventa supports federated search which allows you to gather and locate information across disparate systems, thus further enhancing the accessibility of information across the organization.
The common enterprise today generates massive amount of data stored in disparate enterprise applications. Coupled with the steady stream of SaaS and other productivity applications appearing on the market, employees today have to constantly switch between multiple data-points across various systems adopted to get a 360-degree view of reality during decision-making in order to get tasks done. Inevitably, businesses are increasingly experiencing a new phenomenon, known as the “Data Fragmentation” problem.
To help employees navigate the intranet, there are many instances where enterprise search tools will come in handy:
- To learn and discover new information – When an employee is creating a proposal for a new prospect, he would require information from a variety of sources. This includes reference to previous proposal, financial elements, customer references, case studies, etc. All these data are usually stored in multiple locations across the company systems and employees often have to manually switch between multiple applications and search to get a full picture of the scattered information.
- To get a task done – Many times, organizations unknowingly lose a lot of productive hours due to employees having to spend countless precious hours looking for a particular document or information to get a task done. For instance, your new employee wants to apply for leave but he/she might not know which application to use. Or let’s say you need to find a document say a client’s agreement. You’ve searched for the document in your DMS and Google Drive, and yet you still couldn’t find the document, you will either get a colleague’s help or repeat the same search process in another application until you find the document. All these are typical instances where employee productivity might be impacted on a working day.
Human Resource Talent Discovery
A common problem faced by large corporations is the difficulty of identifying individuals with the right expertise from their large pool of talents. Often, when a unique skillset is required for a particular task or project, the first option that comes to mind is to hire a candidate externally. However, employers should be aware that this is often not the only option. Especially for projects with a short duration, there is no time to wait for the new employee to come onboard and train them from scratch. The best option is then to source internally from existing employees. But where should we start? Rather than relying on the inefficient word-of-mouth method, a search engine will come in handy by allowing the manager or HR to directly source for an existing employee with the right profile based on kept records. This is where Docuflo Inventa comes in.
With Docuflo Inventa, employers can use the search engine to find very specific expertise within their organization who can help to accomplish the task at hand. With the technology to search through a sea of employees with multiple skillsets, employers will be able to locate the right employee with profile that matches the expertise required.
Legal Litigation Research
The most typical use case of search engines like Docuflo Inventa is in litigation research which makes use of its “E-Discovery” capabilities. When working on a legal case, Docuflo Inventa is a lifesaver when you are required to go through a truckload of documents. Especially in many cases where these documents are not stored in any order, it is definitely a pain to comb through word by word to look for what you need. With Docuflo Inventa, all you need to do is throw all these information into a search engine and search them based on specific keywords to find the evidence you need.
Another application of Docuflo Inventa in the legal field is the search for relevant laws and regulations. This is very important for lawyers who have to conduct their research and support their argument based on applicable laws. Docuflo Inventa helps take the strain off the shoulders by allowing easy search of laws through its various search features such as synonyms and relevant words.